The Brückkanal is one of the most important technical monuments in Bavaria. It is about 90 meters long and allows the canal to cross the river Schwarzach. It was finally completed in 1844.
Right aside there is the restaurant Waldschänke Brückkanal with its idyllic beer garden.
Above the canal, below river Schwarzach.
A steel engraving made by Alexander Marx in 1845. The arch over the river is 13 meters high and 14 meters wide. Inside the left hand part is a small and inside the right hand part is a large hall. The pointed arch hall inside the right hand (southern) part has a wide of 20 and a height of 12 meters. Except on special days as e.g. "Day of Technical Monument" the halls can unfortunately not be entered.
The southern hall looking towards north (Bamberg)...
... and the same hall towards Kelheim.